If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are made in muffin tins, but are quite unlike your average muffin- they reminded me the most of Scottish oatcakes, hence the name. They are full of whole grains and spices, with a hint of sweetness from pear and honey. They are good with butter and jam or honey, cream cheese, or plain. Make sure your whole wheat flour is coarsely ground- almost like very fine bulgur wheat- to get the right consistency. - Jenb42
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup coarsely ground whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4-1/3 cups honey (depending on how sweet you want them)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 grated D'anjour pear
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with foil muffin cups.
- Combine whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour, spices, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat together yogurt, butter, pear, vanilla, honey, & egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine them into a batter.
- Put in the oven immediately, and bake for 20 minutes.
Boost your Morning Bagel
Make your own beet-cured salmon at home.
Boost your Bagel
Orange and Ricotta Ravioli
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.