If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's better than a muffin for breakfast? What about one packed with chewy bits of citrus, whole grains and butter! In the search to use up an excess amount of canned delights, I came up with these marmalade muffins. Using a whole jar of marmalade and a variety of flours, you get muffin full of flavor. There's a little bit of bitterness and a little bit of sweetness mixed up in the nutty, whole grain goodness. —nomnivorous
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour [ground oats]
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces marmalade
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with liners .
- In a medium bowl, place the whole wheat flour, oat flour, spelt four, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt [all dry ingredients]. Whisk thoroughly to aerate and combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and yogurt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, honey and half of the marmalade [4oz] for about three minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the egg and beat until mixed in thoroughly. Add the last 4oz of the marmalade and beat until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add a third of the flour mixture on low speed and mix until just combined. Add half of the dairy mixture, mix again until just combined. Repeat with another third of the flour, milk, and flour, each time beating only until just barely combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins with an ice cream scoop or spoon, about halfway up. Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm right out of the oven or toasted the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.