If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In our harsh New England winters, the rosemary bush in our garden is the only thing that ever survives. Since it's the only green thing we see in months, we love to use it in a variety of recipes. The best thing about this particular dinner recipe is how easy it is to prepare. About five minutes of hands-on work and 45 minutes in the oven is all it takes to make this elegant-looking, herbacious, tasty meal. - ChrisandAmy
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stuff each game hen with four lemon quarters and one sprig of rosemary and place them in a baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Finely chop the remaining rosemary and stir it into the melted butter along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover each game hen all over with the butter mixture, then sprinkle each game hen with half of the herbs de Provence.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pour the white wine into the bottom of the roasting pan and swirl it around. Continue to cook the game hens for another 15 minutes, basting the hens with this wine 2-3 times during those 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Mom's (The) Best
Mom's Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!