If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Citrus is wonderful in so many different types of dishes, but it is the only food that can 'COOK' other foods. This simple salad was taught to me by a Japanese friend who used kamaboko (steamed fish cakes) which I substituted sea bass. I liked that you actually eat the lemon pieces.
This ceviche isn't spicy (no jalapenos). Just simple ingredients. Since lemon is eaten in the salad it doesn't need vinegar in the dressing. But if too sour, add more tomato. - BoulderGalinTokyo
- 2 sashimi-grade sea bass fillets, (about 100 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, some pulp O.K.
- 1 Asian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tomato, 1/2-inch diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, freshly-milled
- It is important to get the freshest fish, sashimi-grade. Remove skin from sea bass fillets. Slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place in a nonmetallic bowl.
- Scrub lemon, then pour boiling water over lemon to remove wax. Squeeze juice from half the lemon. Pour lemon and lime juice over fish. Stir every 15 minutes, for about an hour. Keep in fridge.
- Sprinkle cucumbers with salt, let rest about 5 minutes. Massage the cucumber slices, then rest an additional 5 minutes. Squeeze cucumber slices to remove juice.
- Drain the fish. Remove fish to a new bowl. Add cucumbers, onion slices, and diced tomato. Thinly slice the remaining half of lemon, then cut each slice into sixths. Add to fish.
- Add olive oil and pepper to fish. Stir, and add salt if needed. Serve cold.
- Wonderful wine pairing, it was 1 + 1 = 3 for the first time! A wonderful Spanish white wine, Tokanto, 100% Verdejo from the region Toro.
- You can slice the fillets thicker, or cube. But add additional time for juice to 'cook' the fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.