If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was inspired by a dish that is served in one of Melbourne's amazing restaurants. The madeleines come out warm oozing with delicious lemon curd. This is my take on this delectable morsel. —mylittlekitchen
Quick Lemon Curd
- 100 milliliters lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 2.3 ounces unsalted butter cut into cubes
- Place all ingredients for the lemon curd in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium for approximatley 4-5 mins, until curd thickens. Check and stir regularly to ensure egg doesn't scramble. Set aside to cool.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter and a bit extra for greasing pan
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Melt butter and leave to cool to room temp. Meanwhile beat eggs and slowly add sugar mixed with the lemon zest until it has the consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly sprinkle this on top of the egg mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Once folded in, slowly drizzle in the cooled butter and the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge of about 1 hour then take out of fridge and leave for about 1/2 hour before spooning into a greased madeleine pan. Fill each mould about 3/4 full as the mixture will expand in the oven. Cook in oven for around 7-9 mins. Check at around 5 mins to see how they are going as cooking times will vary with ovens.
- Once cooked, take the madeleienes out of the oven and turn out onto a wire rack. Place the cooled lemon curd into a piping back with a small nozzle and while the madeleines are still warm, pipe the lemon curd into the madelience by poking a hole on the underside of the madeleine towards the side and fill till it starts coming out.
- Dust with icing/confectioner's sugar and serve immediately while still warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.