If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kulfi is the Indian version of ice-cream. Kulfi is prepared by reducing the milk by cooking it for hours on stove. Kulfi could be served with an Indian drink called falooda or simply enjoyed the way it is...In this recipe of mine , I am cheating a little bit by using condensed milk and evaporated milk.
For variation you can add a little bit of cranberries which will add some color it or may be cardamom also. You can also add pieces of figs or dates. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 6 popsicle
- 12 evaporated milk
- 2 cups Freshly squeezed orang juice
- 2 tablespoons Orange rind
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- Saffron dissolved in one tablespoon of warm milk
- Take the evaporated milk in a container and heat it on a stove on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the bubbles show up. Keep stirring , and remove it from the heat.
- Add the orange juice, orange rind, dissolved saffron, pistachios, condensed milk and heavy cream. Mix well. Transfer this mixture into Popsicle molds. Let it refrigerate in the freezer for about overnight.
- when you are ready to serve it , simply run down the molds under warm water for few seconds to loosen up the Kulfi from the molds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.