If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was passed down in my family from my father's grandmother "Nan." I never did meet her but my father has told me how the women in his family were amazing bakers and cooks. He gave me a collection of their recipes and this was the first one to catch my eye, partly because it looks easy but also because I love the scent of freshly grated lemon. It has a smooth, mellow taste.
I've changed the instructions slightly. It originally called for butter "the size of a walnut" which I interpreted to mean 1 tablespoon. I also used soy milk instead of dairy milk since that was all I had on hand. - KitKat84
- a cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Combine the sugar, flour, and the rind and juice of one lemon in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, egg yolks and milk. Stir in the egg white.
- Please in a greased dish and bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes until the top crust is a very light brown.
- Allow to cool, then serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.