If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I have fish tacos, I always have to have a perfect coleslaw on it. The crunch of the cabbage, the creamy sause, the bite of spice to compliment crispy fried fish. And since I'd rather sip a beer than margaritas, I incorperated the tequila another way.... ito the citrus based coleslaw dressing. This recipe is great to make a day ahead because the veggies are all julienned, so the bulky cuts need a day to break down and soak up all the goodness of the dressing. - Chefdove
Makes 1 quart
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, strained
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 shots top shelf tequila
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobo puree
- 1/2 bunch white cabbage, julienned
- 1/4 red cabbage, jullienned
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thin sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.Strain the yogurt through cheesecloth set over a colander so that it becomes very thick. This may take several hours. (Cut your veggies and zest and juice your citrus while it does its magic.)
- 2. Toss all the julienned veggies (NOT the green onions or cilantro) together in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss again to coat evenly. (The salt will help bring out some of the water in the veggies).
- 3. Whisk together the strained yogurt and the mayo. Once the two are incorperated, add the citrus juices and zests, vinegar, honey, chipotle puree, and the tequila.
- 4. Squeeze all the excess water out of the julienned veggies. Discard the yukkie waters.
- 5. Mix together all the julienned veggies and the Drunken Dressing together to completely coat everything.
- 6. Fold in the green onions and cilantro.
- 7. Let the coleslaw sit and soak up the goodness at least 2 hours if not overnight. Season to taste with more salt if desired. Perfect on fish tacos!
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.