Author Notes: One of my new year's resolutions is to get back into Nutella, but I want to disguise it as a healthy ingredient whenever possible. Thinking that a smoothie with fresh orange juice and non-fat Greek yogurt would work well with a touch of the Magic Stuff, I dug around the pantry for a jar and soon discovered I only had an opened jar of Nutella in the refrigerator: rock hard. I thought I would experiment anyway, and the result is I love the little Nutella bits floating in the smoothie, and love the little pops of Nutella flavor that permeate this drink. The orange juice and Greek yogurt provide a nice, tangy counterpoint to the Divineness formerly known as Nutella. - Bevi
Makes two 8-ounce servings
- a handful of ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Fage 0% Yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice - for a thick smoothie, start with 1/2 cup and add more juice if desired
- 1 tablespoon Nutella, and it CAN be rock hard
- Place the ice in a blender. Add the yogurt, and then the orange juice. For a very thick smoothie, use 1/2 cup of orange juice. Blend at high speed until you achieve a smoothie consistency. Add the Nutella and blend again. Enjoy and don't feel guilty.
- NB: The recipe should read "a handful" of ice cubes - the edit function on the ingredient list is not working.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe