If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a child I remember my Macedonian paternal grandmother making a dish similar to this using fresh mackerel (I think) which was marinated in a lot of lemon, garlic and onion. I don't know if the fish was cooked first but I loved it. Today for lunch I took a can of tuna out of the pantry and sort of "recreated " it for our lunch .Super, super easy!!! - inpatskitchen
- One 5 ounce can tuna packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onions (Vidalia, Maui Maui, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water crackers for serving
- Combine the tuna(include the oil it's packed in), olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Park it in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour before serving on the crackers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.