If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This healthy salad bursts with flavor! The honey lime dressing is sweet and tart, a perfect complement to the baby spinach and the pungent blue cheese. You can use which ever type of toasted nuts you like, walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, or almonds. If you don't like blue cheese you can substitute, goat cheese, parmesan or mozzarella, —Chef Bob
Honey Lime Dressing
- 3/4 cup honey
- 8 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
SPinach Orange Salad
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 3 large navel oranges
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans chopped
- Wash and dry the baby spinach, layout on paper towels and pat dry.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the honey, lime juice and black pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the oranges removing as much white pith as possible. Pull the segments apart and slice into ½ inch pieces.
- Toast the pecans in a dry sauté pan on medium/low heat. Stir the nuts frequently or they will burn quickly. he nuts are done when you smell a toasted nutty aroma. Pour the nuts onto a plate or cutting board and allow to cool. Chop the pecans into large chunks.
- Place the spinach, oranges, and crumbled blue cheese into a salad bowl and toss until mixed. Sprinkle the pecans on top of the salad just before serving.
- Plate the salad, drizzle generously with the honey/ lime dressing. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Let's Talk Valley
The Hudson Valley that is—here's where to go
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Get your shine on.