If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The quickest, last-minute cake you'll ever bake . I use whatever citrus combination I have on hand - Meyer lemon and tangerine juice and zest for the cake and orange for the glaze this time. A real citrus party baked in any shaped pan - loaf, round or spring form, cloaked in a sweet drizzle of glaze. Perfect with a cup of tea served promptly 4 o'clock in the afternoon. —foodfanatic
Food52 Review: We really liked this cake. First, it's not just one bowl--there's one for dry ingredients, one for wet, and a cup for the citrus (which I strained into the wet ingredients because my meyer lemon was loaded with seeds). But that's a minor quibble. It came together like a breeze--really, why would anyone make a cake from a mix if they could make a cake that's this easy? I didn't have non-extra-virgin olive oil in the house so I used walnut oil--delicious. The cake was a tiny bit dry--but that made it perfect for coffee or tea, just as foodfanatic said. And I LOVED the glaze. The butter added amazing taste and texture. And it was pretty. —drbabs
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powdee
- pinches Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil, not extra virgin
- 1/2 cup Citrus juice
- 2 teaspoons Grated citrus rind ( I use a combination of 2)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the oil and juice intoma measuring jug and add the eggs, vanilla and rind and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the gg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Pour into a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 55 minutes.
- For the glaze : Heat the butter and orange juice until the butter melts. Remove from the stove and add the powdered sugar whisking until smooth. Pour over the cooled cake.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.