If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is passed on to me from my mother and I love the use of fresh corn a lot in this recipe along with the green bell pepper and scallions. We like to eat this rice dish with Raita. It can be made with frozen corn also but makes it much better with fresh corn. —PistachioDoughnut
- 2 cups Cooked basmati Rice
- 4 Whole Corn (Grated)
- 2 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Sprigs of Corriander leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Freshly grated coconut
- Boil basmati rice with some salt and oil, exactly till it is well cooked. Do not let it get soggy at all. And let it cool so that each grain of rice is separated. You may even run cold water from stopping the rice from over cooking.
- Take oil in a pan. Add the freshly grated corn mixture with the liquid also and sauté till the excess water evaporates. Remove it in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take oil in pan and add oil, cumin seeds, ginger chili paste, diced green bell pepper, and chopped scallions and sauté till it is well cooked and then add the corn mixture to it. After few minutes add the already cooked basmati rice , season it with salt and garam masala. Mix it well. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and some fresh coconut (optional). Serve it with some raita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.