If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love dishes that offer a sweet and savory flavor combination! And, I love parsnips. While they are wonderful roasted simply with just olive oil and salt, the addition of rosemary and brown sugar takes a basic roast up a notch, to something with a bit more complexity and nuance. These are delicious as a side dish or even just a hearty snack. - em-i-lis
- 5 parsnips, washed, peeled, cut into ¾" chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed with a mortar/pestle, or finely chopped
- generous pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a mixing bowl large enough to hold all the parsnips, stir together the olive oil, brown sugar, rosemary and salt until well combined. Add the parsnips to the bowl and toss everything together until the parsnips are well coated.
- Turn parsnips out onto a baking sheet in an even layer and roast until quite tender, about 20 minutes.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.