If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been in the works for years - additions and subtractions along the way, tweaks here and there. But in the current version, it has a little heat, a little sweet, and a little wine. The goat cheese topper may seem odd but was a desperate measure when I realized I had no sour cream a few years ago and I haven't gone back. - cjzern
Serves a crowd
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 jalapeno chili, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans chopped plum tomatoes or two boxes Pomi chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- goat cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent (about five minutes).
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and saute one to two minutes being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the turkey, breaking up and cooking until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine (if using), cumin, salt, cayenne, cloves, cinnamon. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the beans and continue to cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the raisins and cook for the last five minutes.
- Serve, topping with goat cheese and cilantro (or sour cream, shredded cheddar, and whatever else screams "chili" to you).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.