If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to make egg-free muffins for my grandson for breakfast since he's allergic to eggs. Using sweet potatoes gives the muffins a beautiful golden color and the whole wheat flour adds some extra fiber. - weshook
Makes 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups baked sweet potato
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line or grease the muffins tins about 18 cups.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Cream in the sugar and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fill the tins about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.