If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet potatoes are a fixture in Louisiana. Fall just wouldn't taste right without a weekly sweet potato. This combines two Louisiana favorites--sweet potatoes and pecans--with two of my favorites--bacon and blue cheese! —SupperStarter
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserving 2 Tablespoons drippings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- Peel sweet potatoes and onions. Cut into 2-inch chunks. Toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread onto foil-lined 10 x 15-inch baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork-tender. Stir halfway through baking time.
- Melt butter in skillet and add pecans, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and salt, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until pecans are coated with sugar mixture. Pour pecans onto foil-lined baking dish to cool.
- To make glaze, add 2 cloves garlic to reserved bacon drippings. Cook 2 minutes. Whisk in honey and cider vinegar.
- Transfer potatoes and onions to serving platter. Drizzle with glaze. Top with pecans, blue cheese and crumbled bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?