If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Heralded "the best I've ever had" by friends and family alike this chili is one pot wonder. A mouth watering marriage of 4 peppers, white beans and chicken together with spices, bacon and italian sausage this is a show stopper for any party, gathering or family dinner. Comfort food at its best. —Liquid70
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Slices thick cut, smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2/3 pound Ground, sweet Italian sausage
- 2 Yellow onions, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Fresh jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 4oz cans roasted, diced green chiles
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriandar
- 3 tablespoons Roasted ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 6 cups Chicken stock
- 1 15.5 oz can cannelinni beans, partially drained
- 1 15.5 oz can great northern beans, partially drained
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 6 white corn tortillas, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded sharp, white cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 avocado, diced, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon, cooking until just turning brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sausage, stirring and cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Crumble the sausage with a spoon or end of whisk while cooking.
- Add the onion, peppers, jalapeno, green chilies and garlic, stirring and cooking until the onions are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, corriander, cumin, chili powder, oregano and chipotle chili powder, stirring and cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, stirring to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock one cup at a time, stirring to thicken while scraping up bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Bring chili to boil, stirring.
- Add beans, stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, simmering for 20 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2-inches of vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan until 350 degrees F.
- Add the corn tortilla strips, stir to separate and fry until golden, only about 1 minute or less. Transfer to a paper towel to drain, set aside.
- Serve chili in crocks, top each with cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, chopped avocado, chopped cilantro and fried tortilla strips. Serve with wedge of lime for squeezing on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Praise for the small space.