Author Notes: Spicy, flavorful pork based chili. This was invented for a friend's non-competitive chili party, and it was a big hit. If you can't handle heat, reduce the amount of chiles in adobo. Use shears to mince the chiles right in the can. - Christina GK
- 11 ounces can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chiles minced
- 30 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1.5 cups diced red onion
- 48 ounces jar Great Northern beans, drained
- Fresh cilantro
- diced avocado
- grated Muenster cheese
- diced fresh tomatillos
- In a large pot, brown the pork.
- Add the black and northern beans, the chiles in adobo sauce and the diced onion. Add about 3 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low, with occasional stirring, until onions are cooked and the flavors meld, about 2-3 hours. Serve with toppings on the side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili