If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, flavorful pork based chili. This was invented for a friend's non-competitive chili party, and it was a big hit. If you can't handle heat, reduce the amount of chiles in adobo. Use shears to mince the chiles right in the can. —Christina GK
- 11 ounces can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chiles minced
- 30 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1.5 cups diced red onion
- 48 ounces jar Great Northern beans, drained
- Fresh cilantro
- diced avocado
- grated Muenster cheese
- diced fresh tomatillos
- In a large pot, brown the pork.
- Add the black and northern beans, the chiles in adobo sauce and the diced onion. Add about 3 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low, with occasional stirring, until onions are cooked and the flavors meld, about 2-3 hours. Serve with toppings on the side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.