If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With flavors of coffee, dark chocolate, Guinness, and chipotle peppers, this chili is indeed the best chili ever! —MyFareFoodie
Food52 Review: This stuff is delicious and spicy hot which I love. If you’re not sure about the heat, cut back on the cayenne and add more to taste with salt and pepper at the end. You might want to do the same with the chipotle but I think its smokiness is what makes this chili so delicious. This makes about 7 quarts of chili once fully cooked and just barely fit into my 8 quart pot before reduced so make sure to start with a pot beg enough to hold all this deliciousness. Freezes well. —Angela @ the well-worn apron
- 2.5 pounds ground meat (either buffalo, beef, chicken, turkey, or mixture)
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (red or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 2 29-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 19-ounce can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 11-12 ounces dark beer (I use Guinness)
- 2-3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dark chocolate (I use 70% cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee grounds
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large pot over medium high heat, sauté the ground meat in olive oil until cooked. Drain the meat and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onions and peppers until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and chipotle peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients, except the chopped cilantro. Add the meat to the mixture.
- Loosely cover the pot with a lid and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1 hour. Remove the lid and continue to cook for another hour. Allow it to simmer a bit longer if you'd like the sauce thicker. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaves. Serve with grated cheese and chopped cilantro and enjoy!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.