Author Notes: Maybe different from traditional chili. I used Italian sausage, fresh tomatoes (not canned), kidney beans, vegetables and raisin. Seasoned with rosemary, italian seasoning and chili. - Hidemi
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 15.5 ounces Kidney beans (canned), drained
- 2 Tomatoes (1- 3/4 lb). chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook garlic, onion, celery until tender. Then add crumbled italian sausages and cook until brown.
- Add italian seaoning and rosemary. Stir well. Then add water, kidney beans and raisins. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then add tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir well. Keep simmering for 10-15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili