If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: This is one of my family's Thanksgiving favorites. I am pretty sure the receipe came from my mom's best friend, and second mother to me. These sweet potatoes are rich and creamy and sweet and decadent. No one at the table can resist them but they are always approached with some hesitancy because you know once you take a bite you are going to go back for more. Fresh sweet potatoes give you a better consistency but my mom will sometimes substitute 1 large can of sweet potatoes. And, obviously using 1/2 n 1/2 will result in a richer, thicker dish. - julsja
Makes 9x13 pan
- 4 cooked & peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups milk or half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and beat in mixer until well combined.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13 pan or use a smaller casserole dish for a thicker servivng. Set aside.
- Combine next 7 ingredients for topping.
- Spead topping on top of prepared sweet potatoes.
- Place in oven and back for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe