If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really love my slow cooker. I love coming home to a house filled with the smells of dinner, and I love that cleanup is simple (all slow cooker dishes are essentially one-pot meals). This is one of my favorites! It's hearty and comforting, and makes great leftovers. —d_ribbens
- 1 pound brown lentils, picked, rinsed, and drained
- 1 pound your favorite smoked sausage, sliced (I like beef smoked sausage)
- 5 cups your favorite stock (or water, but it won't be as tasty)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups bias-sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-4 cups chopped kale (to be added at the end)
- Mix all ingredients except kale in a medium-sized slow cooker.
- Cook on low for the better part of a day (7-10 hours). I have never tried cooking on high, but I assume it would take 3.5-5 hours. If someone is willing to try it, let me know how it turns out!
- Once stew is completely cooked, turn heat to high (if you were cooking on low) and add as much kale as you would like, stirring to mix. Cook 10-20 minutes more or until kale has begun to soften. Kale will greatly reduce in volume, so add as much or as little as you like. Enjoy!
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
This queso is nuts.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Get your shine on.