Author Notes: This dressing has been a favorite for so many years. It is not only delicious on salad greens but on steamed or roasted vegetables, cooked salmon, etc. I often give it as a gift in a pretty jar along with some homemade croutons. It comes together in a jiffy and you'll never want to buy commercial dressing again after tasting this one! - sticksnscones
Makes 1 cup dressing
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- To make the salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, shallot, garlic and mustard. Add salt and pepper .
- While continuing to whisk, gradually add the olive oil until it is all incorporated.
- Serve over anything green...salad greens, vegetables, salmon...you get the picture!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad