Author Notes: I modified a mango and avocado salad we like to make to include citrus. The Sriracha adds some heat and a little agave adds some extra sweet. Any type of orange is good, and I have also made this salad with Meyer lemon supremes. Very good and refreshing! - Bevi
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 medium chopped red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped in medium chunks
- 1 small bulb of shallot, minced
- 1 orange, supremed, and juice squeezed out and saved
- 1 Ruby grapefruit, supremed, and juice squeezed out and saved
- juice of 1 lemon
- several dashes of Sriracha
- small glug ofolive oil
- 2 dashes Agave syrup
- Sea salt and a dash of pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Stir carefully. Don't be afraid to let the avocado melt into the mixture - the creaminess is a nice contrast to the other flavors.
- Serve on either lettuce that is lightly dressed, or serve as a condiment with fish, chicken, or curries.