Author Notes: This dish reminds me most of fall and growing up in the Adirondacks. When it bakes the scent will fill your house. I published this recipe in Delight Gluten Free Fall 2012 as a Berry Crisp - I modified it here for just apple crisp but you can add 1/2 cup of berries for a twist. - Amy Howard
- 6 cups Apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup Butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cups Sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup GF Quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease an 8” glass baking dish.
- Place half of the apples in the dish; top with dotted with 4 TB butter, sprinkle with ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ C sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining apples, top with dotted 4 TB butter, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ C sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Combine ½ tsp cinnamon, salt, oats, brown sugar, 2 C sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and press firmly over apples.
- Bake 1 hour, allow to cool slightly and serve warm. Serve with homemade whipped cream or a la mode.