If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish reminds me most of fall and growing up in the Adirondacks. When it bakes the scent will fill your house. I published this recipe in Delight Gluten Free Fall 2012 as a Berry Crisp - I modified it here for just apple crisp but you can add 1/2 cup of berries for a twist. —Amy Howard
- 6 cups Apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup Butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup GF Quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease an 8” glass baking dish.
- Place half of the apples in the dish; top with dotted with 4 TB butter, sprinkle with ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ C sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining apples, top with dotted 4 TB butter, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ C sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Combine ½ tsp cinnamon, salt, oats, brown sugar, 2 C sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and press firmly over apples.
- Bake 1 hour, allow to cool slightly and serve warm. Serve with homemade whipped cream or a la mode.
More Great Recipes: Desserts