If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today I made this delicious rice dish with chickpeas, aubergine and sun dried tomatoes. I served it for lunch with green salad. This is also good warmed up to accompany the main meals or cold as a party dish. —Fahriye
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups hot vegetable stock or hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 1 aubergine, diced finely
- 2-3 tablespoons diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh, chopped parsley and dill
- Fry the onion in a pan until well browned. Add the aubergines and cook together for 5 minutes coating and mixing well.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, chick peas and mix spice, mix.
- Toss in the washed rice coating it well in the spice. Pour the stock into the pan, season with salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 12-15 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and place 2 or 3 pieces of kitchen paper on top of the rice and place the lid back on tightly.
- Let the rice rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and sprinkle the dill and parsley over the dish just before serving.
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.