If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every morning I would wake up to this tea during my time at an Indian ashram. It not only aides in digestion, if one drinks it first thing in the morning, but it is a refreshing hot tea, which I find to be a rarity. Perfect for any season, can drink it warm or cold. - Pombachi
Makes 2 cups
- 2.5 cups Water
- 5-inch pieces Fresh Ginger, Peeled
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Agave or Honey
- 2 Teabags Assam or Twining's Lady (Any light black or decaf tea)
- Peel ginger and cut into 1/2" slices. Remove rind and skin from lemon, so only the interior pulpy part remains.
- Measure water and place in tea kettle. It is very important to boil the ginger and lemon with the water, so the flavors meld together properly. Place ginger slices in water. Squeeze lemon and then place skinned lemon into water whole. Boil until kettle sounds, approximately 10 minutes.
- While waiting for water to boil, prepare 2 cups for tea. Put 1 tbsp. of Agave or Honey into each cup (adjust to taste). Put tea bag into cup, or approximation for loose leaf tea.
- Pour ginger-lemon infused water over tea. Once cups are filled, stir sweetener to ensure proper distribution.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.