If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is modified from Martha's Stewarts "White Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake" cehck out : http://www.marthastewart.com/316748/white-chocolate-sweet-potato-cake. Martha's is slightly spicy and layered with white chocolate mousse and sprinkled with toasted Macadamia nuts.
Mine is not spicy at all and instead of the chocolate mousse topping my topping is white chocolate icing. Additionally I add almond and coconut flakes in the batter! As I have previously mentioned I love Sweet Potato and this cake will make you love Sweet Potato! Well One can only hope;) - ChefSteadfastMT
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Olive or Vegetable oil
- 2 cups All Purpose Flower
- 11/2 cup Sugar (Granulated)
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Power
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar or Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 11/2 cup Almond Flakes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Stick Butter (50grams)
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- 100 Grams White Chocolate
- Heat oven to 200 Celsius/ 400 Fahrenheit. Place Sweet Potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until very soft (usually when fork can go through the middle without a fight). After they are done remove, peel and mash with fork and proceed to add the cup of oil and set somewhere to cool completely.
- Reduce the oven heat to 175 Celsius/ 325 Degrees. Prepare baking pans (you can divide the batter into 2 if using round pans and making a layer cake or you can also use a big enough square pan and not have to divide the batter). If making layered cake it's nice to cut out parchment paper in whatever shape the cake will be in. Prevents stickiness and great for assembling.
- Cream the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla sugar/ vanilla with an electric mixer (I would advice not to use that on a kitchen aid, hand held much better). When the eggs the mixture is extremely light and fluffy please do set aside.
- Sift together All-Purpose Flour and Baking Powder. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture (I would advise to do this by hand using those lovely plastic spatulas;). At this point it would be safe to add in the Sweet Potato mixture that should be completely cooled down by now. And finally add the almond and coconut flakes then I would say you are ready to put the batter in the previously prepared pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until your choice of object inserted into the cake comes out very clean. Let the cake cool down a while. In the meantime you can prepare the icing.
- Melt the White Chocolate on extremely low heat (it burns easily if too high). Add the butter and melt together (Remove from heat after melted). Then add the powdered sugar ( I wouldn't be stingy with it)! If it hardens do add the cream cheese (as much as you like but the more you add the softer it will get). So depend on how soft and hard you want it (the icing I mean) you can keep adding the sugar (powdered) or the cream cheese. When it has reached a consistency that suits you please apply to the chilled cake and enjoy!
Banh Mi Delight
Make the other desk lunches green with envy.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Spicy, Peanutty Udon with Kale + Chinese Broccoli Salad
White and Gray Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.