If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple yet delicious way to spice up any meal. A healthy dessert with a little sexy kick! —HealthyVoyager
- 6 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan heavy cream (1 block of silken tofu (12-ounces) and 1/2 cup of plain soy milk. Blend in blender until thick and creamy and there are no more lumps)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pure chili powder, such as ancho
- 10 large strawberries with long stems
- In a heat-proof mixing bowl, add the chocolate, cream, and butter.
- Place over a smaller pot of simmering water. Be sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the chili powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Hold each strawberry by the long stem and dip into the chocolate allowing the excess to drizzle back into the pan.
- Place chocolate covered strawberries on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet tray.
- Once chocolate is cool, chill until fully set, about 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).