Author Notes: Last March I found myself deep in the throes of a cardamom-flecked jag. I couldn't stop myself from putting it in cookies, ice cream, and this crowing jewel in the cardamom crown, cardamom hot chocolate with brown sugar cardamom whipped cream - CheapBeets
Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (I used Ghiradelli because that’s what I have in my cupboard. I am sure any brand will be great
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Mix cocoa, sugar and spices in a small dish.
- Pour milk into a small pan, add the cocoa mixture and stir.
- Heat, while stirring, until steaming
Cardamom Whipped Cream with help from Ming Tsai
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a chilled bowl (I put the bowl of my mixer in the freezer for about a half hour the first time I did this recipe, the second time, I didn’t bother), combine the cream, brown sugar and cardamom until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, find the biggest mug in your kitchen — trust me, you’ll want as much of this as possible — and fill it about 3/4 of the way full with the hot chocolate. Then, fill the rest of the mug with the whipped cream.
- There’s enough whipped cream for several servings. I’m not sure how many. My guess would be four or five. But the amount will correspond directly with the will-power of those assembled. I make no promises.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice