If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last March I found myself deep in the throes of a cardamom-flecked jag. I couldn't stop myself from putting it in cookies, ice cream, and this crowing jewel in the cardamom crown, cardamom hot chocolate with brown sugar cardamom whipped cream - CheapBeets
Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (I used Ghiradelli because that’s what I have in my cupboard. I am sure any brand will be great
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Mix cocoa, sugar and spices in a small dish.
- Pour milk into a small pan, add the cocoa mixture and stir.
- Heat, while stirring, until steaming
Cardamom Whipped Cream with help from Ming Tsai
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a chilled bowl (I put the bowl of my mixer in the freezer for about a half hour the first time I did this recipe, the second time, I didn’t bother), combine the cream, brown sugar and cardamom until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, find the biggest mug in your kitchen — trust me, you’ll want as much of this as possible — and fill it about 3/4 of the way full with the hot chocolate. Then, fill the rest of the mug with the whipped cream.
- There’s enough whipped cream for several servings. I’m not sure how many. My guess would be four or five. But the amount will correspond directly with the will-power of those assembled. I make no promises.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.