If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy flavored chocolate cake. Garam masala and ginger are added. Not too sweet so if you like sweet taste, pour chocolate syrup on top. —Hidemi
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 7 ounces Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- In a bowl, cream butter and add sugar. Mix until pale and fluffy. Add beaten eggs little by little. Mix well. Then add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour the loaf pan (9.3”x 5.2”x 2.7”).
- Heat 1 cup of hot water in a saucepan over low heat. Put chopped chocolate into a bowl (a little bit bigger than sauce pan) and place the bowl over the hot water. When chocolate starts to be melted, turn off the heat and stir frequently. When chocolate is almost melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan and stir until smooth and completely melted. Add heavy whipping cream and mix well. Then add to the flour mixture bowl. Mix until well blended. Lastly, add grated ginger and garam masala to the bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When serve, cut the cake and pour chocolate syrup if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Less Ingredients, Less Problems
Our favorite recipes with just 3 ingredients (or less!)
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Get your kitchen clutter under control.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.