Author Notes: Sweet, spicy and chocolatey - an interesting little pudding that isn't the most beautiful thing but sure hit the spot.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Heat all ingredients except the rice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring often, cook until bubbles start to form on the edges of the pan and the milk begins to steam.
- At that point, remove the cinnamon sticks and the vanilla bean pod.
- Then add the rice and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Chill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice