If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, spicy and chocolatey - an interesting little pudding that isn't the most beautiful thing but sure hit the spot.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Heat all ingredients except the rice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring often, cook until bubbles start to form on the edges of the pan and the milk begins to steam.
- At that point, remove the cinnamon sticks and the vanilla bean pod.
- Then add the rice and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Chill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.