If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These vegan macaroons are rich with chocolate and warming, cozy chai spices.They're pretty good for you too. All the more reason to have more than just one with tea? I think so. - Laura Wright | The First Mess
- 3 cups dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup liquid extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, chia seeds, cocoa powder, almond meal, sea salt, spices and water. Stir to combine thoroughly. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir again until fully combined and no dry cocoa powder/almond meal remains.
- Cover and place dough/mixture into the fridge for about 15 minutes. The chia seeds do their thing and really bind the mix, making it much easier and less messy to scoop.
- Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture onto a parchment lined sheet. No need to space them out too much. Place them in the oven and bake for about 2 hours or until firm and dry on the outside.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey