If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I created for my boyfriend during his self-imposed vegetarian month. The use of porcini mushrooms makes it more of a special occasion meal, but you could easily substitute other mushrooms for the porcini and substitute stock for the porcini soaking liquid. —Oops! Were you gonna eat that?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped (or two shallots)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 6-8 ounces other mixed mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Splash white wine
- Porcini soaking liquid
- Zest from half a small lemon
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 pound linguine
- Cover porcini with 1 cup of very hot water, let soak 20-30 min. Drain, but save the soaking liquid.
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until softening, about 5 minutes. Add thyme leaves and stir for 30 seconds. Add the porcini and mixed mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté on medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, until mushrooms are softening and have given up their liquid.
- Deglaze with a splash of white wine, let wine burn off. Add the porcini soaking liquid and sauté/reduce until most of the liquid is gone, about 8 minutes. Zest half a small lemon into the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water, reserve some of the pasta cooking liquid.
- When the pasta is al dente, toss with the mushroom mixture, blanket with parmesan (I often use more than 1/3 cup, hehe), adding some of the pasta cooking liquid if necessary. Top with parsley.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.