If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditionally we all have made rice pudding with all types of rice may that be Indian Rice pudding with Basmati rice or Italian style rice pudding with Arborio rice. I thought of trying couscous instead of basmati rice. And, this rice pudding turned out so awesome. It is simple basic rice pudding recipe but with all the nice things together. I have added all sorts of dry fruits and nuts and have given it a touch of spices also.You can add one of the dried fruits or go crazy and add all of the dried fruits I am a big fan of nutella , so added that also. I wanted to call this huggy buggy chocolate couscous pudding because of the couscous which gives it a texture quite like tapioca pudding. Enjoy it with some fresh fruits! - PistachioDoughnut
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- pinches Salt
- 1 cup Whole wheat Couscous steamed
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 ounces Semi-sweet Milk Chocolate chips (if u like bitter sweet or dark chocolate , go for it)
- 2 tablespoons Nutella (optional)
- handfuls dried cranberries
- handfuls dried cherries
- handfuls Dates cut into pieces
- handfuls dry figs pieces
- 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- Steam the couscous as we steam rice. Once steamed, add 1 teaspoon of ghee or butter and fluff it off with a fork. Mix well the ghee. Let it sit.
- Heat both milk and heavy cream, sugar, salt and chocolate chips alongwith nutella. Whisk the chocolate chips till they melt totally in the milk in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer add the cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and clove also. Let it cook for sometime. Add the couscous alongwith all the dried fruits and nuts you wish to. Mix well. It will thicken quickly, once you have added couscous. Remove it from stove.
- Divide evenly, or if you want to cheat, add a little more in your bowl . Chill it in fridge for sometime or serve it fresh and hot. I like my pudding hot right off the stove but my husband likes it chilled. It tastes delish with both the ways. it depends on how you and your loved ones like it.
- You can add all sorts of fruits dried apricots, dates, figs, cranberries , cherries or goji berries and any nuts go well. It is totally a personal choice. You can also serve it with fresh whipped cream or freshly whipped mascarpone cheese or honey or maple syrup. You can also serve it with fresh strawberries and raspberries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.