If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a Creme Brulee recipe which has white chocolate in it with the chai-spices in it. The chai mix could be store bought or you can grind your own chai mix also.
basic ingredients of chai mix are I have used are cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and star-anise. —PistachioDoughnut
Serves 2 to 4 depending on the ramekin size
- 2 cups Heavy Creme
- 3 ounces White Chocolate chips
- 5 Egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Sugar + 2 Tbsp
- 1 teaspoon Chai-spice
- Take cream in a medium sauce pan and scald it over medium heat, add the chai spices in the milk and white chocolate chips and continuously whisk it till the chocolate melts.
- Separate the eggs. Keep the egg yolks in a separate bowl, add sugar to this egg yolks and whisk it well.
- Take the hot cream mixture and gradually pour it into the egg mixture for tempering the eggs.
- Once everything is mixed well. Fill up custard cups or ramekins with this mixture. Place them in a baking deep tray filled with hot water. Do not let the water by mistake also fall into custard mixture.
- Keep it in the oven at 350 F and cook it for about 20 minutes. Once done, completely cool it and sprinkle a spoonful of sugar on top of the custard and place it under broiler for about 1 to 2 minutes just till the sugar caramelizes.
- Serve it immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.