If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a smallish container of mint growing on the back patio. This little herb has quadrupled in size since I brought it home. Besides Mojitos and lamb shanks, I was at a loss for the purpose of this fresh green plant. I asked my neighbours if they had any ideas… Jen suggested adding some mint to my brownies. Hmmm… (sounds of brain gears grinding) - midnitechef
Makes one 8 x 8 inch pan
- 1/4 cup plain apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s special dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded (2 small zucchini)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and grease a bread loaf pan or a 8?x8? brownie pan. Cut a piece of parchment to the size of the bottom of the pan and place inside.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Mix the dry ingredients, sifting if there are lumps, in a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour the wet into the well made in the dry ingredients. Add the zucchini last and stir by hand until the flour disappears. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 (brownie 8×8) – 55( loaf) minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes before attempting to remove the hot loaf. The parchment should help release the loaf from the bottom of the pan, you may need to poke a knife around the sides carefully as not to cut the loaf. I call it a loaf thinking you’re baking it in a bread pan, and cake when baked in a brownie pan. I used a brownie pan and it worked fabulously! This cake will keep in the fridge in a sealed bag for up to a week. If you’re having a tea party, this would be a nice addition to the table.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.