Author Notes: I took my Grandmother's fudge brownie pie recipe and breathed Indian spice into it using garam masala and coconut. - midnitechef
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, very soft
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and margarine well.
- Add eggs and mix well. Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and garam masala.
- Stir in the coconut and nuts, if using.
- Pour into a greased 9″ pie plate, or regular muffin tin. Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes in a pie plate, about 18 minutes in a muffin tin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice