If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created these because I wanted a cookie that had some spunk and appealed to a fun crowd. Wow!,,,,,, they were a hit the first time I made them. My husbands hunting buddies could not stop eating them. I make enough batter and freeze in balls. Bake beautifully even after freezing. They are divine. - Portia hendrick
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Unsalted butter at room temp
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Real good honey or pure maple syrup
- 12 ounces Semi sweet chocolate chopped in chunks. Not too big of chunks
- 2 teaspoons Real good vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon..I just add as much as I want
- 4 Slices thick smoked or applewood bacon
- turn oven on 350 degrees. Put parchment paper on two cookie sheets.let oven preheat. Cook bacon until crisp on stove. Drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble. I like pea size pieces. You want the crunch of the bacon in the cookie.
- Use a sifter and mix flour, soda and salt. In a mixer beat softened butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium high speed about 3 minutes. Batter should be light in texture. Beat in whole egg and egg yolk. Add maple syrup or honey. Then add vanilla. K.
- Turn mixture to low and add the flour mixture. Add gradually. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Then stir in crumbled bacon.
- Chill the dough anywhere from 2-5 hours. Make sure to cover dough with Saran wrap.
- Take chilled dough out. I use a spoon and drop tablespoon size cookies on parchment paper. Place about an inch apart.
- Place cookies in oven at same time. Put one on center rack and other pan on upper thrd rack of oven. You will cook a total of 8 - 10 minutes. Yet halfway thru (at 4 minutes) , switch cookie pans between racks and rotate about 180 degrees. This insures perfect browning. Depending upon your oven, additional cooking time might be needed. I cook mine until edges are brown and crispy.
- When cookies are down, take out of oven and let cool 3 minutes on pans. Then gently remove and let totally cool on a wire cooling rack
- These cookies are heavenly. Dough freezes beautifully. I now make these per requests of my friends and family.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Make It a Party
All tacos, all the time.
All tacos, all the time.
Let Them Shine
DIY Herb Rub
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.