If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I've been devouring risottos for awhile now, I just recently started making them...once I found out how easy it is to use a basic 'base recipe' and veer off in tons of different directions. I came up with this fresh, tropical risotto to accompany grilled garlic-lime shrimp. - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as a side
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion-diced
- 1/4th teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup pineapple bits
- S&P to taste
- Bring broth and pineapple juice to a simmer in a large pot and keep warm
- Heat oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat- add onions and coriander, and saute until onions are softened.
- Add rice and 1/3rd of the chopped cilantro to the onions. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Ladle in 1 cup simmering broth/juice and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Continue simmering and adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and letting each addition be absorbed before adding next. When half the liquid is remaining, add pineapple tidbits. Continue adding liquid and stirring 1/2 cup at a time until rice is tender and creamy-looking, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Reserve a handful of cilantro for garnish, and add the rest to the risotto and stir in right before removing from heat.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve. I served with grilled garlic-lime shrimp and a dollup of sour cream!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish