If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Happy Hour --here we come! When I was visiting the beautiful island of Maui about 10 years ago, Japanese newlyweds asked for 'Pocky' at the bar. The bartender didn't speak Japanese so I explained to them 'Pocky' wasn't available in the U.S. This started me thinking about this crunchy snack that my kids love. It was very popular in jazz bars and late night spots. Pocky is covered in milk chocolate but I wanted something different, and even though I'm usually not a fan of white chocolate, it was delicious with the peppercorns! Perfect for White Day March 14th--a present for someone who gave you a Valentine. - BoulderGalinTokyo
Makes 75+ we nibbled before counting
- 200 grams whole-wheat bread flour, organic
- 80 grams bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180 milliliters water
- 1+ teaspoons dry yeast
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- pink peppercorns
- Add ingredients to bread-machine maker in the order your manufacturer specifies. Choose pizza-dough cycle from the machine menu. Or make your favorite whole-wheat pizza dough recipe.
- When dough cycle finishes, remove from machine and divide dough into 3 rounds, cover with a damp cloth and let rest for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325 F).
- Using one round of dough at a time, pull to elongate, then place between cooking paper, and roll out to a rectangle of 4-inch height. Slice dough in very fine ribbons about 1/4 inch thick. Return unusable (too short) dough to pile to roll out again.
- Place on cooking paper on baking sheet and bake in convection oven for 18 minutes (longer for reg.oven). If biscuits are puffy and soft like bread, cook a little longer. Do not brown or they will taste bitter.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Topping: Finely chop chocolate with a knife (use blade close to handle). Heat in a silicone bowl in the microwave. Stir when it begins to look shiny. Heat a little more if needed until smooth.
- Place pink peppercorns on a paper towel. Fold over half of towel and crush peppercorns with the heel of your hand. One or two pushes is fine (leave some whole).
- With a spoon, coat biscuit with chocolate leaving the bottom one inch, chocolate free. Sprinkle on a few peppercorns along the stick on both sides before the chocolate hardens. Each bite should have a few peppers, but not too many. Stand up in a heavy glass to 'dry'.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
All up in The Grill
Clear the smoke with this BBQ&A.
A BBQ&A with a few masters.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Espresso takes a chill.
Raise a (recycled) glass.