Author Notes: So, this recipe is pretty genius, and probaly the best homemade (or store bought), hot chocolate you'll ever drink.The best thing about it (besides the amount of real chocolate) is, that the recipe is not for one serving only. It makes a whole batch. Depending on how big your chcolate craving and cups are, you'll get 6-10 servings out of the recipe. You just take a tablespoon full and stir it into hot milk. Done! It keeps in the fridge for up to a week. With only two main ingredients it's super easy and you can substitute the spices with your favorite ones. Although this spice quintet really sets the tone. - Mulipuli
- 7 ounces dark or semi sweet chocolate
- 125 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate.
- In the meantime, warm up milk and stir in the spices. Do not let the milk boil.
- When the chocolate has melted stir in half of the warmed,spiced milk and stir until fully incorporated. Then add the other half and stir until nice and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture in a glass and let cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice