If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in Barcelona, Spain our Mom used to make this amazing chocolate dessert, it is totally addictive. We would sneak out of our rooms at night, to indulge in this midnight snack. We are sisters, we now live in the US and we called our Mom for the recipe, we just spiced it up a little! Butter, chocolate and cookies how good is that! —May I have that recipe
Makes 10-12 slices
- 1/3 cup good quality pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 15 pieces "petit beurre" cookies ( we like Osem brand)
- Combine cocoa powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat butter and powdered sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder mixture and milk and keep beating until light and creamy.
- Crush cookies over the butter and cocoa mixture, mixing with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Take the freezer bag and lay it flat on the counter. Spoon the butter mixture across one side of the bag and roll the bag over it to form a log. Keep rolling until you reach the end of the bag. Twist the ends and place in the freezer until it hardens, at least 2 hours.
- Cut in thick round slices and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.