Author Notes: I adapted this from a traditional chocolate chip cookie stick recipe. I love this recipe because you can make it in one bowl and it's simple enough to mix by hand(less mess to clean up!) - Joy Betesh
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Cocoa Chile Blend
- 3/4 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the egg with a wire whisk, add the oil, sugars, vanilla, cocoa, baking soda, and spices.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon fold in the flour and mix till flour it is thoroughly incorporated and then add the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter in half. Spread half the batter on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper....it should be very flat(pat it down with your hand). It should look like a giant cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or till edges of cookie start to brown. Immediately after taking out of the oven, use a pizza cutter and diagonally cut the cookie into sticks. The cookie sticks will get hard as they cool. Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter.