If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is simplicity itself, but the combination of flavor is stunning. A soft sweet snack and you can find this in Kerala tea shops - pauljoseph
Sweet potato Sukyan
- 1/2 pound Sweet potato (cook and smash)
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- Salt To taste
- Oil to fry
batter for outside coating
- 6 teaspoons Maida flour (refined and finely milled wheat flour).
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Place the coconut and molasses together over slow flame and cook till dry. Mix with smash potatoes, salt, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder. Make small size balls. Make a thick batter with enough water for the coating. Dip the ball in the batter and deep fry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe