If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
If you are lucky enough to run into a fresh truffle shave some over the top of the fonduta.
The fonduta can be dispensed from a siphon for a lighter, elegant presentation. It is wonderful on its own or ladled over asparagus, eggs, fresh pasta or a vegetable flan.
—Susan McKenna Grant
- 2 sage leaves, cut into a chiffonade
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 fresh truffle (Optional)
- Add the sage to the cream and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and let steep for 10 minutes. Pass through a sieve to extract the sage then squeeze the leaves over the cream to release their essential oils before discarding.
- Whisk in the egg yolk and the parmesan cheese and return the pan to a low heat. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and strain once more to remove any solids.
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.