If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this salad for a Pre Thanksgiving party my brother was throwing, he and his girlfriend were going to Thailand and would miss the family gathering, so they threw a potluck a couple of weeks before. I wanted something bright and crunchy to play against all the richness and variety. You can add nuts to this if you wish, toasted walnuts would work, you can also serve on a bed of arugula and raddichio - Aliwaks
for the salad
- 3 Large Asian Pears
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Whole Shallots
- Peel, core and Julienne Asian pear
- Thinly Slice Shallots
- Seed Pomegranate, my favored method is to roll it around a bit to loosen the skin, then cut in half width wise, I then place a colander in the sink and whack the skin side of the cut fruit with a wooden spoon till the seeds fall out, there may be neater ways to do this, but I find it very satisfying. Best to run through with a bit of cold water to remove any remaining bits of connective tissue, for lack of better word
- Combine Lime Juice, maple syrup, vinegar in a bowl...slowly whisk in grapeseed oil to emulsify. Taste, adjust seasonings, you may want it sweeter or tarter depending on the flavor of your asian pears ( the vary from caramelly sweet to barely there)
- Add shallots to dressing and let sit for about 30 min ( or longer is you are traveling with the salad, keep dressing w/ shallots in a separate container)
- Toss Pears & Pomegranate with Vinaigrette..tear or chiffonade (I like the torn look) mint and garnish just before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls