Author Notes: The Perfect appetizer for game day, cocktail parties, or just a healthy snack! Good with toasted pita bread and veggies - TheSkinnyGoose
Makes 2 cups
- 1 Can of Chickpeas, or 8 oz of fresh cooked chickpeas
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated on a zester (i find if i mince the garlic, my food processor does not catch and distribute evenly so i grate it, and its more potent!)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons Shery Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Roasted Bell Pepper, skin removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor pulse garlic and chickpeas, and a little of the water to make it easier to puree (DO NOT ADD ALL). Add and blend in the lemon Juice, Vinegar, Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne,Tahini, and Bell Pepper. Continue to add water to desired consistency.
- Slowly 'thread' the oil in while the food processor is running.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.